Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Opening a retail coffee house - part two

It was easy to get overwhelmed with all the details. So, I found myself making more and more lists. I started carrying around a binder with college ruled paper and plastic insert sheets. This way I always had my many lists with me and I also had paper to write notes on. The plastic insert sheets were great because I could put catalog sheets or other info all in the binder and have them for reference. Here's one of the list I made once I found my retail space:
1) get ficticious business name filed at the county recorders office
2) get business license
3) submit drawings to the health department
4) submit drawings to the city planning department
5) submit sign plans
6) get quotes for signs
7) get quotes for ice machine
8) decide on layout and material used
9) open up 1 phone line
10) design logo
11) order business cards
12) decide on espresso machine
13) decide on grinder
14) call places regarding soda machine rental
15) get quote on insurance
16) get quote on scales
17) decide on uniforms
18) open bank account
19) find supplier of coffee to go cups
20) order printed plastic bags
21) order coffee bags
22) order labels for bags
23) decide on espresso bar menu
24) decide on merchandise to carry
25) find bakery to supply pastries
26) get resale license from State Board of Equalization
27) decide on decor
28) submit plans to the landlord for his approval
29) print gift certificates
30) get employer identification number and EDD #
31) open up PG&E

As you can see, there was alot of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment